7.10.2013

Morning pinup

So this one has been sitting in my pictures folder unfinished for a while, and I'm not sure this is actually finished, but it's enough to be called resolved. 

There were a handful of conditions that I had set up to decide whether or not this would be successful in my eyes. One was just to capture how that halo of light in hair feels in a backlit figure, another was just painting a  completely backlit figure in general, which is always hard. And finally, try and set up a cacophonous palette of acid pinks and purples, and figure out how to reconcile them.

The result is this. It's got its' rough patches, but I got some things right. And I was also more value conscious than I normally am, and that's a step in the right direction. I've included a black and white version as...proof?


 eth.

No comments:

Post a Comment